(The Shift towards being Jyote Swarope )
The Simran which Sree Guru Granth Sahibji teaches has an important aspect which is Gurbani Vichar (contemplation) . Gurbani contemplation gives on knowledge and direction. The gurbani contemplation keeps our mind focus on the Creator and HIS presence . The contemplation lets Gurbani Shabad speak within us. The Gurbani words become live and guide. The love of GOD swells within.
During contemplation of the Gurbani one has to be careful about the translation which may sidetrack. Although these translations are a work of great effort but these should be taken as stepping stone towards connecting with true meaning . This comes from within and Gurbani words explain themselves. The Gurbani having been written in a style suitable for kirtan singing and Jap (recitation again and again). Most often the spacing of words clears the meaning.
let us look at the following lines from Sree Guru Granth Sahibji page 34 :
ਸਚੈ ਸਬਦਿ ਸਦਾ ਮਨੁ ਰਾਤਾ ਗਇਆ ਸਰੀਰਹੁ ਦੂਰਿ ॥ - sggs 34
Doubt runs far away from the bodies of those,
Comment: There is a theme in subparts of the Shabad. This is a Rahao (pause) line. First comes the process to keep the mind awake in remembering God day and night. Next an important advice to be careful so as not to slip back towards worldly enticements and the gains of the simran are lost.
HOW TO SHIFT
Simran as per gurbani is the way. A few points are mentioned below which would be helpful.
- Gurbani's way is to seek through associating with gurbani.
- Simran is remembrance of "The Mool " ( The origin) and is closely related to Jap (repetition ) so that the mind changes.
- Simran is of Gurbani and/or Gurumantra . Nitnem paath , kirtan , gurbani path , gurbani vichar , Shabad lines jap are all simran.
- Simran pulls the awareness inward. There is within the mind a spiritual feeling. This is connection with the Naam which grows with effort when grace dawns.
- The inward pull is brought about by Guru mantra.
- The living from inward awareness keeps one away from haume.
- The Shift of Soul-Mind-Body living is to keep the awareness within.
- The Shift towards jyote swaroope living by doing gurbani shabad's simran .
- There is HIS presence feeling.
- Anhad Shabad is heard when within with Guru's grace
- Simran continues.
Which Shabad is an inspiration for simran is not for me or anyone to suggest.